When using numbers is it possible to use short from adjectives in the neuter singular? I think I heard the following in a news report, but I'm not sure if I heard it correctly: возбуждено и расследованы три уголовных дела.
Also, I've come across прошло 5 лет; would it be incorrect to say прошли 5 лет?
Thank you very much for your help.
If the predicate is used in the Past tense with numbers, it is always going to be neuter.
В университет пришло три студента.
Было расследовано два уголовных дела.
However, there are some more complicated cases, even for native speakers. You can read about it in this article:
More questions like this one
- What does "то" mean in Russian
- What cases "Падежи" we use after the preposition "за"
- I would like to know the prices of Russian lessons and the equipment I need for the lessons
- The difference between знать, узнать, узнавать
- Meanings of "любит"
- Nominative and Accusative Case of the Pronoun оно
- Russian Texbook "Русский класс"
- Frases volitivas, del caso vocativo en latin.
- Russian Future Passive Participles?
- What does this Russian saying mean? Я настолько в себе уверена, что сама кричу кукушкам сколько и
Do you have questions yourself? Ask us and we will be happy to help you!Ask your question