I know that ѣ is called ять, but what is the name for the old letter і?
There were 2 letters, Russian и was called иже, and i was just called as the modern Russian и.
More questions like this one
- Adjectives in Neuter Singular
- How to translate into Russian "I don't understand the content of the film"
- Difference between болезнь and заболевание, ОРВИ and ОРЗ?
- The name of the old letter i in Russian
- Learning Russian while sleeping
- Difference between "приготовить", "подготовить", etc.
- Words of the Orthodox cross
- O manuel "Russo para Todos"
- Russian cases: best resources
- Difference between учить, выучить, научить, учиться
Do you have questions yourself? Ask us and we will be happy to help you!Ask your question