I know that ѣ is called ять, but what is the name for the old letter і?
There were 2 letters, Russian и was called иже, and i was just called as the modern Russian и.
More questions like this one
- Жизнь в нас самих, English translation
- Russian verb хотеться
- Difference between парад and шествие
- Why do we say "Автобус ходит по этому маршруту" and not "ездит"?
- Difference between "Давай попьем вместе", "Давай выпьем вместе", "Давай напьемся"
- Translation of the Russian noun лечение
- Neuter noun changes to its genitive form, о —> а, е —> я, but the word сердце its genitive is now сердца , why?
- Unidirectional and multidirectional verbs
- Russian abbreviation ЭВМ
- How long is the TRKI certificate valid?
Do you have questions yourself? Ask us and we will be happy to help you!Ask your question