I know that ѣ is called ять, but what is the name for the old letter і?
There were 2 letters, Russian и was called иже, and i was just called as the modern Russian и.
More questions like this one
- The verb "говорить"
- How do we pronounce the Russian alphabet and get its accents?
- How to Speak Russian Fluently and Without Accent?
- Meanings of "любит"
- Could you tell me the name and lyrics of a song I found?
- Translation of "прескверный"
- The Translation of "Speaking Spanish"
- Russian imperfective and perfective aspects, one time non repeated actions
- Translation of "есть", used by soldiers
- Russian abbreviation ЭВМ
Do you have questions yourself? Ask us and we will be happy to help you!Ask your question