I know that ѣ is called ять, but what is the name for the old letter і?
There were 2 letters, Russian и was called иже, and i was just called as the modern Russian и.
More questions like this one
- Russian Words Borrowed in English
- The verb тащить
- Words of the Orthodox cross
- Difference between болезнь and заболевание, ОРВИ and ОРЗ?
- Разница между "просить у кого" и "просить кого"?
- Russian Cases Test
- Учебник русского языка and Экзамен по русскому языку
- Russian verb жарить
- The Russian verb стать
- The meaning of the verb "успеть"...?
Do you have questions yourself? Ask us and we will be happy to help you!Ask your question