As I understand it предать means to betray and преданный means devoted; can преданный муж for example mean both 'devoted husband' and 'betrayed husband' and does confusion ever arise?
Very many thanks.
Very nice question! Yes, преданный means both "devoted" and "betrayed". In these cases, to avoid the confusion, you would need to say either обманутый муж instead or преданный ею муж to make it clear.
More questions like this one
- Restaurant menu in Russian
- Can Russificate School be used as an accredited online foreign language course for high school students in USA?
- Unidirectional and multidirectional verbs
- To describe what a person is wearing, the prepositional or accusative case is used?
- Russian Everyday Speech Expressions
- The verbs быть and стать with the Instrumental case
- A1/A2 exams examples online
- The verb "интересовать-заинтересовать"
- Difference between "на русском языке", "в русском языке", "по русскому языку"...
- The meaning of the word счёт
Do you have questions yourself? Ask us and we will be happy to help you!Ask your question