What is the difference between за and от and с
Hi! Зa has two meanings "for", then in is used in the Accusative case and "behind", then it is used in the Instrumental case.
Спасибо за помощь. Thanks for your help.
Мяч за кроватью. The ball is behind the bed.
От means "from".
Я получила письмо от Алёши. I received a letter from Alex.
С can mean "with", used with the Instrumental case and also "from".
Я поеду с тобой. I will go with you.
Я пришла с улицы. I came from the street.
More questions like this one
- How to translate: "Only the best parents get promoted to grandparents" in Russian
- The meaning of the word счёт
- Words of the Orthodox cross
- The difference between пояс and ремень
- How to read English Alphabet in Russian Texts
- Translation of "работница Англии"
- Russian Everyday Speech Expressions
- Нам всем придётся вы́йти в суббо́ту на рабо́ту...
- How do we pronounce the Russian alphabet and get its accents?
- The difference between снижать and уменьшать
Do you have questions yourself? Ask us and we will be happy to help you!Ask your question