Where do we use the long form and where do we use the short form?
Did you mean long and short forms of adjectives?
The short forms of Russian adjectives are used:
- With the words это, то, что, всё. In this case, the neutral form of short adjectives is used.
- In poetry and songs lyrics.
- When we are talking about a specific, temporary situation. For example, Ботинки мне велики (The boots are too big for me).
- The adjectives должен, готов, рад and some others are always used in the short form.
We use the long forms of adjectives in all the other cases.
More questions like this one
- How to read mathemetical formulas in Russian?
- The stress on the word микроволновый
- Lyrics by Alfred Schnitke in Russian
- Translation of "Irkoe" and "Manjoeka"
- Учебник русского языка and Экзамен по русскому языку
- Russian imperfective and perfective mood with the words можно, нужно, нельзя
- The preposition между referring to the time
- Could you tell me the name and lyrics of a song I found?
- Subjunctive mood in the Russian language?
- What is the difference between Заеб*ть and Заеб*ться
Do you have questions yourself? Ask us and we will be happy to help you!Ask your question