Where do we use the long form and where do we use the short form?
Did you mean long and short forms of adjectives?
The short forms of Russian adjectives are used:
- With the words это, то, что, всё. In this case, the neutral form of short adjectives is used.
- In poetry and songs lyrics.
- When we are talking about a specific, temporary situation. For example, Ботинки мне велики (The boots are too big for me).
- The adjectives должен, готов, рад and some others are always used in the short form.
We use the long forms of adjectives in all the other cases.
More questions like this one
- How to translate into Russian "tomorrow when he's working, I'll tell him"
- Translation of "работница Англии"
- The difference between знать, узнать, узнавать
- The Translation of "Speaking Spanish"
- Russian culture of the 19th century
- Russian language lessons
- Does двигайся mean move?
- Best Books for Common Russian Phrases
- Russian verb "to teach"
- TORFL-1: Русский язык для вас but no audio
Do you have questions yourself? Ask us and we will be happy to help you!Ask your question