I am getting the impression that the verb стать has a wide variety of meanings, rather like "get" in English or "llevar" in Spanish. For example, I see "вдрук и черные, и желтые, и белые люди размножатся но воевать не станут. зато им нечего станет есть, и все умрут от голода" which my dual language book translates as "...what if black, yellow and white people reproduced but didn't fight with one another? They wouldn't have anything to eat and they’d die of starvation". It seems to me that in this example станут might be translated as “begin” and станет as “remain” but these are guesses. Any help you could give me with the multiple meanings of this verb would be greatly appreciated.
In fact, the verb стать has many meanings. In your example, this verb is just the synynym of будут. You can check the other meanings with examples here: https://www.multitran.ru/c/m.exe?CL=1&s=%F1%F2%E0%F2%FC&l1=1.
More questions like this one
- Abbreviations of Russian grammar terms
- Russian imperfective and perfective mood with the words можно, нужно, нельзя
- Could you tell me the name and lyrics of a song I found?
- O manuel "Russo para Todos"
- The difference between знать, узнать, узнавать
- How can I know when the word is written with A or with O? How to distinguish them?
- Best Books for Learning Russian
- Russian Expression "Кто тебя напугал?"
- Is there a difference between в 80-ых годах and в 80-ые годы?
- Instrumental and Genitive in "Она была озабочена отъездом матери"
Do you have questions yourself? Ask us and we will be happy to help you!Ask your question